Saturday, October 27, 2018

Yo-ho-howl-oween!



A pinch of toad lips. Check.
A sprinkle of ground spider. Check.
Cauldron simmering on medium-low. Check.

Have a sip of sludge, Boo, and I’ll have the pet I’ve always wanted! 1-2-3, a howling werewolf you will BE!

“Yo-ho-ho!”

I said a howling werewolf you’ll be.

“Shiver me timbers, it’s dank in here. And what’s that smell, Matey?”

It’s sludge. You aren’t hairy! No fangs?

“You don’t like my gold teeth?”

I’d better check the recipe. Tombstones! It calls for smoked spider. 

“And your toad lips are expired.”

Can’t you at least howl?

“Yaarrrrrgh!”

Sigh.


9 comments:

  1. What a clever story, Stephanie! I've had a few recipes mishaps myself so I can relate. :) I love "And your toad lips are expired."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, those darn expired toad lips. Always read to the end of the ingredient list, before cooking! Great story. Best of Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot's of great pirate stories this year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Funny! Love the expletive, "Tombstones!" This has great kid appeal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story is a recipe for fun! Happy Halloweensie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe! How fun ... or maybe not! Do pirates make good pets?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! You made me laugh, Steph! As the engineer of plenty of failed recipes, I know how important it is to use the right ingredients and follow directions carefully! Your MC's not-werewolf pirate was a delightful disappointment :) Thanks for another fun entry!

    ReplyDelete